Issue with 7.0-RELEASE and Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 4 18:31:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 07:45:00PM +0200, Lukas Razik wrote:
> So I also would like to try more current 7.0-STABLE-200808 but there's still
> no new snapshot for the amd64 architecture on your ftp server:
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/200808/
> Are there no relevant changes done to amd64?

Oh, there are many changes, but the snapshots for August were suspended
for i386 and amd64 due to a cpio vs. GNU cpio problem.  Do not bother
trying the snapshots from July either, as they will fail during
installation (cpio problems; the bin/base/etc. archives are broken
and will spit out millions of errors on expansion).

The only place right now which has newer snapshots (September), which
should work fine:

http://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/