PC Specifications for Free BSD

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 17 14:05:04 UTC 2008

Hammad Tariq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have received following specifications from the local supplier
> regarding the PC specifications for RSG.
>
> Can you please provide your feedback on its compatibility.

> IBM x3250 eServer Xeon Dual Core (3050) 2.13GHz 1024MB (no HDD) CD LAN
> (ATI RN50 16MB)

A friend of mine had problems with x3250; specifically with the mpt disk
controller he got shipped with it (LSI 1064E SAS/RAID). The problem
manifests in low IO performance on the drives and it's apparently
something in the driver. If you can verify that your machine doesn't
have this controller, or you don't care about disk IO performance, it's
a good enough machine.