dell poweredge 1950 : not rebooting under 6.1 (sometimes) + bce0 issues

Olivier Mueller om-lists-bsd at omx.ch
Wed Jul 19 09:35:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 01:11 -0700, Paul Saab wrote:
> http://yogurt.org/FreeBSD/if_bce.c
> This is the version of bce I just merged into RELENG_6 to fix this problem.

great, it fixes this issue, thanks!  What was the problem, if I may ask?
New hardware not 100% compatible with the driver?

Now the last (I hope) thing I would like to fix before bringing the
server to its rack is the reboot problem (cf. initial post of this
thread):  on "shutdown -r now", it stops (crahes? kbd not responsive,
ctrl-alt-del not working for example)  here:
http://omx.ch/om/stuff/freebsdPE1950.jpg .

regards to California!
Olivier