freebsd 4.8 "blacking out" like crazy - hardware problem?

Simon simon at optinet.com
Tue Aug 29 22:25:21 UTC 2006

There could be a number of reasons for this. I had my share of runs with all
kind of crazy reboots, halts, you name it.

Why are you running 4.8? If I were you, I would first upgrade and then do a
burn in (72hours) A flaky hardware server would usually fail the burn-in, if done
using the right tools. Do little digging up on burn-ins to find what you need.

Good luck.

-Simon