SanDisk CF+WiFi SDWCFB-128 on FreeBSD?

ANdrei arusan at gmx.net
Tue Apr 4 08:06:19 UTC 2006

anyone having any experience/ideas on using a SanDisk ConnectPlus low power WiFi Card (includes also 128MB of memory, but I'm not interested in the memory) on FreeBSD 6? Laptop is a FujitsuSiemens LifeBook, but that shouldn't matter, and it will be used with the original CF-PCMCIA Adapter. Card is 802.11b, WEP would be nice but not 100% needed.

I have no idea what chipset the card has (the SD from SanDisk seems to have Prism/Prism2??), but it works perfectly on Windows XP Professional (though I have some problems with WEP sometimes...) and Windows PocketPc. Part number is SDWCFB-128, H/W 1.0, F/W 1.7.4... I would try ndisulator, but have no idea what files to use from this weird driver it has....

Any info would be greatly appreciated, as googling didn't help much in more than 1h... I would love to experiment myself, but I need it to work and to be sure it works before deleting my Windows and going to FreeBSD this time, as I'm very low on HDD space and the Laptop *has* to work for me these days :)
Linux would be the next option, but I have no info on this card there also, and first of all I'm not so fond of Linux, haven't been using another Unix-alike than FreeBSD and Solaris in the last 3 years...

tks alot,
ANdrei
------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down
to their level then beat you with experience...