freebsd 5.4 & proliant dl360 g3 (SMP) second cpu not detected

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 23 12:58:27 PDT 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 03:35 pm, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-Sep-23 16:40:52 +0200, Didier Wiroth wrote:
> >I've installed freebsd5.4 on a compaq proliant dl360 g3 (dual cpu
> >2.8mhz).
> >
> >I have recompiled a SMP kernel. But after the reboot with the new kernel
> >the second cpu is not detected by freebsd:
>
> The other item that would be of use would be the top of a verbose
> dmesg (down to the point where it's reporting the number of CPUs.

Note that the default kernel on FreeBSD 5.4 doesn't include SMP support, so
you will need to build a custom kernel (the SMP config is a good one to start
with as its the default kernel with SMP added) to enable SMP.