Another BIOS RAID or host based RAID question

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Mon May 2 11:47:57 PDT 2005

I see the list littered with many unanswered RAID questions, is anyone using
hardware based RAID with FreeBSD 5.X?  If so what exactly do you have for
equipment?

Want to get 2 identical 74Gb drives, could be SATA or SCSI, would like to setup
controller or bios to to the RAID - not software raid.  e.g. create the mirror
set in BIOS then install BSD.

I have purchased *nothing* yet.  I'd like an easy to set up (via BIOS) RAID 1
set, then install FreeBSD 5.3 onto it, FreeBSD would see the Raided set of disks
as ONE disk.

The old HP SCSI Raid Controllers would make a very loud alarm noise when the
RAID array was in trouble, I really want this feature!

Anyone recommend a nice compatible card or board that will do what I want?

I am grateful for your answers.

Eric

"That is not a puzzle, Grasshopper. It is only something you do not yet
understand."  -Master Po