compatible network chip

David Matthews dmatthews at mailc.net
Wed Mar 9 15:08:58 PST 2005

I recently installed FreeBSD (latest stable) for the first time. There is a
problem, that the network is not recognized. The networking section of
sysinstall does not offer an ethernet option.

The machine has an Asus A7N8X-X motherboard, with on board LAN chip, described
in the handbook as MCP integrated NVIDIA MAC + Realtek 8201BL PHY.

Does FreeBSD have drivers for this? If so, I assume a kerel recompile is
necessary?

Any help would be gratefully received
--
David

dmatthews at mailc.net

Is not the right to create £100 at the stroke of a pen indeed a mighty
privilege?
http://www.prosperityuk.com/prosperity/prosperity.html