Support Intel Server Board SE7320VP2, Marvell NIC?

jaco at coocoo.za.net jaco at coocoo.za.net
Thu Jun 23 14:26:29 GMT 2005

HI all,

I am looking into buying a server with the Intel SE7320VP2 motherboard
that has the following on board:

One Intel PRO/1000 MT Server Network Connection via an RJ45 connector
(Intel 82541PI GB controller); supports 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and
1000BASE-T; one Marvell* 88E8050 10/100/1000 Network Interface Controller

The only thing that bugs me is that as far as I know there is no (working)
support for the Marvell card in FreeBSD 5.x.

I do not follow the -CURRENT list, but is there a solution for actually
using this card?

Next question is, will I be able to use the card at all, be it 100Mbit maybe?

Please CC me on replies as I am not currently subscribed to the
freebsd-hardware@ list.

Thank you in advance.
--Jaco