FBSD 5.4 - Dell PE 2850 - Interrupt storm detected

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 10 16:09:20 GMT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Stephane Raimbault wrote:

> I have a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with a PERC4/dc RAID card.  I noticed I'm
> getting some Interrupt storms being detected and showing up in my logs
> and the console.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  Will
> this effect performance on the box.  I don't utilize any USB devices
> on this machine, although it's the USB interface that seems to
> reporting the problem?  Am I understanding something incorrectly?

This is due to a quirk (bug) in the chipset that Windows doesn't
exercise and thus wasn't noticed by Intel.  If you don't need USB
support you can disable USB in your kernel by compiling it out and
removing any 'usbd_enable=YES' lines from /etc/rc.conf file as a
workaround.