ultrium lto2 tape drive & bacula on freebsd

Bakul Shah bakul at BitBlocks.com
Wed Jun 1 13:24:46 PDT 2005

at my work we are finally building a more serious backup
server.  as there is a good deal on lto2 drives @ dell, most
likely we will be buying the drive + the server from them.
so i am looking for feedback from people who have used lto2
drives with freebsd.  what worked, what worked particularly
well, what didn't work, what to watch out for etc.  i'd also
be interested in your experience with lto2 drives and linux.

also, how well does bacula work on freebsd and how does it
compare with amanda?  we will be backing up windows, linux,
freebsd & solaris filesystems. thanks for any information!

-- bakul