ASUS TV FM 7135 (Philips 7135) card supported by bktr(4)?

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Sat Jan 22 11:43:13 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm toying with a known-good ASUS TV FM 7135 card, which is using the
Philips 7135 chipset (according to their web site, and the stamped chip
on the board). Just for kicks, I've added the following to my kernel:

     device      bktr
     device      iicbus
     device      iicbb
     device      smbus

     device      iic
     device      ic
     device      iicsmb
     device      smb

     options     BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC

Unfortunately, even though I've verified these devices are present in my
kernel, none of them are probed (or appear in /dev).

I'm running RELENG_5 from today on the machine in question. I originally
tried this on RELENG_5 from a few weeks ago (before some wide-scale
integer type changes were MFC'd in the sys/dev/bktr/ source).

It shows up in the POST PCI device list as follows:

Bus ID.	Device ID. Func No. Vendor ID Device ID Device Type	    IRQ
------- ---------- -------- --------- --------- ------------------- ---
    2	    2	      0		 1131	   7133 Multimedia Device    6

Nothing else shares IRQ6.

Does anyone know how easily this card could be supported? The specific
card is not listed in the "Known to work" section of bktr(4), but
several Philips chipsets do appear to be supported, which, admittedly,
could be nothing like this one.

If not, I'll gladly accept recommendations for readily available TV
tuner cards that work in FreeBSD.

Thanks,
- Ryan

--
   Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

         Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon