Compaq Smart Array 4200 controller question

Matthew N. Dodd mdodd at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Feb 2 08:06:26 PST 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Andrew Heyn wrote:
> I was going to use that program given to me, but untarring the kernel
> source tree would cause programs to hang indefinitely on biord...and
> then I wouldnt be able to get it done.

The change to report the error was added recently but I don't see how
reporting errors could cause your problem.

I suspect the firmware on the controller is locking up.  Code in -CURRENT
will perform a register dump on command timeout, which is the usual
indicator of a lockup.

I'd go looking for the latest firmware for your controller.

--
10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00