Logitech Cordless Presenter blocks keyboard

Markus Dolze bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Aug 29 16:43:55 GMT 2005

Hi,

I just bought an Logitech Cordless 2.4 GHz Presenter for use with my
FreeBSD 5.4 laptop.

This device consists of the cordless device and an USB adapter, which
appears as a keyboard and mouse to the system.

Whenever I plug in the USB part, I get:

Aug 29 17:48:18 <kern.crit> kirika kernel: ukbd0: Logitech USB wireless
Mouse & Presenter, rev 2.00/35.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
Aug 29 17:48:18 <kern.crit> kirika kernel: kbd1 at ukbd0
Aug 29 17:48:18 <kern.crit> kirika kernel: ums0: Logitech USB wireless
Mouse & Presenter, rev 2.00/35.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
Aug 29 17:48:18 <kern.crit> kirika kernel: ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

However, whenever I do this, the laptop's keyboard is unusable. It just
accepts no input anymore. Instead when I press a "blank screen" button
on the cordless device, the letter 'b' is entered (that key is used by
presentation programs to blank the screen, when in presetation mode).

If I pull out the USB device everything is working as usually.

Looke like the USB keyboard is taken as the man input device and the
internal atkbd is disabled.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Regards
Markus