BSD PPPoA Hardware

Simon Morgan sjmorgan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:48:19 GMT 2005

On 8/15/05, Simon Morgan <sjmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice is welcome.

To anyone who might be reading this in the future (Hi! Do you have robots
and flying cars yet?), I've given up looking for a native solution. The
state of ADSL hardware support under BSD as well as Linux is shockingly
bad and simply isn't worth bothering with. The Sangoma S518 looked pretty
promising but last I checked there still weren't any available to purchase
in the UK and the shipment from their manufacturer keeps on getting
delayed. I can only hope their engineers are more competent.

I bought a Sagem F at st 800 to use with the ueagle driver and have had
nothing but trouble with it in the 4 days I've been using it. It seems to
work fine under Windows so I can only assume the driver is to blame.

So that leaves cheap and nasty combination modem and routers or Cisco
hardware. I've ordered a Cisco SOHO 97.

Thanks to everyone who replied.