hard drive noises -- western digital wd800ve

JP Klodzinski jpk at gmx.org
Mon Aug 1 17:50:19 GMT 2005

hi,

its funny to hear this. I have a new WD Scorpio. An there it is normal,
it depends from the firmware. As i can remember there was some time ago
an firmware update for this issue. If i'm right the sound occured when
the heads are leaving the parkingposition. But play it safe and make an
backup, i did it! ;)

regards

Jerome