Silicon Image 3114

Benny Goemans benny.goemans at telenet.be
Tue Apr 19 11:33:51 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've seen some questions on support for the Silicon Image 3114 Raid chipset (on NForce4 motherboards) on this mailinglist. One of them recommended to upgrade to current, since some new code should be able to make it work.

What I was wondering then, will FreeBSD 5.4 already include this code or should I really go for a -current download to be able to use it? I noticed that RC3 for AMD64 did not properly find my raid drive (Raid 10) but showed the 4 disks separately (just as it was in FreeBSD 5.3.
Thus, I'm wondering if this was just an issue with the RC, or if it simply wasn't included yet.

Thx for your help,

Benny Goemans