Hard drive fullness limits information help request

NMH drumslayer2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 12:30:38 PDT 2005

Hi all
  I know hard drives tend to not run well when near
full. They have trouble performing self adjustments
(hardware), self defragging(unix/FFS) etc.. (as I can
express it) However, I need to find some documentation
or some help in explaining this better.
  I am working with some people who store loads of
files, on many drives and tend to fill the drives to
95% and more and then can't understand why they become
unstable.  I need to be able to explain it better and
I would also like to know more to be able to
factually/sanely set a percent full safe limit.

 Any help would be appreciatted

 Thanks!

 NMH.

The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away
 -- Anon