Dell Optiplex GX280?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 8 08:09:35 PDT 2005

On 2005.04.07 16:43:18 -0500, Michael Lovitt wrote:
> Any success installing FreeBSD 5.3 on a Dell Optiplex GX280?

Yes, AFAIR there where no real problems but the system is mostly
running Windows so it hasn't been tested much.

The Broadcom NIC only works when being forced to 100mbit, but that
might be something with the switch and/or cable.

> What worries me specifically:
> * Intel 915G Express Chipset
> * Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (GMA900)
> * SATA Hard Drive

I don't remember if our Optiplex has exactly those item, but I do
remember it has an onboard Intel graphs adaptor and a SATA disk, of
some sort.

--
Simon L. Nielsen