PERC4ei?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 2 14:18:18 PST 2005

On 2005.04.02 14:58:44 -0700, Jon Kuster wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using the PERC4ei in a Dell PowerEdge 1850?  I'm

Yes, I have a PERC 4e/Si (AFAIR it's that controller) in a PowerEdge
1850, though the system is currently running 6.0-CURRENT.

> looking to purchase one, but I haven't been able to figure out if the
> PERC4ei is supported.  The closest I've been able to find is some info
> for Linux that says it's based on an LSI megaraid (link below).  So can
> anyone confirm that the 4ei is supported in 5.3 (or 5.4) or not?

Dell PERC 4e/Di and Dell PERC 4e/Si are supported, at least in
5-STABLE (i.e. in the upcomming 5.4), probably also in 5.3 (I can't
remember wrt. to 5.3, but I can test tomorrow if you are interested in
knowing).

See also:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/relnotes/5-STABLE/hardware/i386/support.html#DISK

--