request for confirmation on newer PCI wireless cards - ndisulator compatibility

chew lip ping atomicping at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Apr 1 09:57:46 PST 2005

Hi

Using 5.3-release.

I have attempted to use ndisulator on a few current
wireless adapters including WMP54G, but it didnt work.

I've seen similar issues from others around the
mailing list as well.

What I would like is to get a confirmation from
people using the newer 802.11G wireless PCI adapters
from Dlink, Linksys or Netgear if they managed to get
it working (please include specific model and version
numbers).

The shops in my area doesnt give cash refunds, so
that's why I need confirmed working models before
buying a card.

I've noticed most newer consumer/cheap models will
have chipsets that are not supported by the freebsd
drivers:  wi, ath, etc. That's why I'm using
ndisulator.

Thanks

lpc