D-Link USB Ethernet adapters

Vincent Stemen bsd at hightek.org
Mon May 31 14:18:00 PDT 2004

I just thought I would post a status report.

We tested the 3 following USB Ethernet devices under FreeBSD CURRENT
from a CVS snapshot on 5/29/2004 2:30am CST.

D-Link DSB-650   USB Ethernet Adapter
    Device is recognized and the aue0 network interface device appears.
    It sees it as a 10/100 baseT Ethernet device even though this is only
    a 10 baseT device.
    When trying to configure the interface, ifconfig hangs and reports
    the following error:

        aue0: MII read timed out

    Then when I unplug the USB cable, the kernel reports:

        ... additional info
        Stopped at   usbd_free_xfer+0x1d:    movl    0x4(%edx),%edx

    And drops to the db> prompt.

    Note:  The DSB-650 uses a different MII than the DSB-650TX.

D-Link DSB-650TX USB Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Works fine.

Linksys HomeLink Phoneline + 10/100 USB Network Adaptor
    Works fine.

--
Vincent Stemen
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!