LSI MegaRAID 320-1LP & FreeBSD 4.10-R

Simon simon at optinet.com
Wed Jun 2 13:32:18 PDT 2004

Hello Folks,

Trying to install FreeBSD 4.10-R, it does not recognize MegaRAID 320-1LP
controller card. Neither does 4.9-R. 5.2.1-R does see it fine, though. The
strange part is that I have MegaRAID 320-1 (not low profile version) in other
server and 4.10-R does see it. So, this brings me to a question, is something
missing from the amr driver in 4.x which prevents it from recognizing the LP
version of LSI MegaRAID 320-1 controller? the 2 should be identical cards.
The only difference I can gather is their profile. Am I missing something here?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!
-Simon