Project Evil: The Evil Continues

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Tue Jan 27 08:40:20 PST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Bill Paul wrote:
> >
> > > Now, is anyone going to actually test Project Evil with their cards like
> > > I asked, or is everyone just going to use this as an excuse to ask me
> > > questions?
> >
> > I'm currently tracking RELENG_5_2 on my D800 and I already plan on
> > checking NDIS support for the onboard Broadcom 802.11g (Dell TrueMobile
> > 1300), but it's a question of time.
>
> RELENG_5_2 doesn't include Project Evil.  You need a relatively recent
> CURRENT.

If what I read posted by Bill is correct, it will work with 5.2, but I'll
have to add it to my local source tree manually.  If that's incorrect,
pipe up Bill.  Tracking -C isn't my idea of fun most days, but I have
enough weirdities with this laptop that it may be worth it (it'd be nice
if I could boot it in the dock, but it currently hangs while probing USB
adapters and hubs while in the dock, and then reboots).

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"