Rocket Raid 454 - HPT374

Reckner, Jonathan G Jon.Reckner at uky.edu
Thu Apr 22 17:36:13 PDT 2004

Has anyone successfully gotten a Highpoint Rocket Raid 454 with the hpt374 chip to work in FreeBSD? I have tried versions 5.2.1, 4.9, and 4.7. Currently I am using FreeBSD 4.7 but I would like to get this card working in 4.9. I am using the files supplied by highpoint http://www.highpoint-tech.com/rr454_down.htm

Attached is my current dmesg after loading the hpt374.ko for 4.7 at boot. If anyone can shed some light on possibly why I am not getting a device for the raid array I have it setup as a mirror using two identical Western digital 120GB drives. both drives are showing up in the dmesg ad4 and ad6. I would really appreciate some pointers or instructions on how to get this raid array to work properly because so far the instructions supplied by highpoint did not work for me

thx
Jon