Philips KEYRING 007

solo1607 solo1607 at postmark.net
Tue Apr 20 02:59:26 PDT 2004

John L.Utz III wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:05:38 +0200,
> solo1607 wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I'm running FreeBSD 4.9 and I can't make work my Philips KEYRING 007.
>>It's a tiny digital camera, connecting as USB mass storage.
>

> I have a Logitech Pocket Digital, which oem's SMaL's camera platform.
>

>>When I connect it, it's not attached to daX device. All I get is :
>>umass0: Philips KEYRING 007, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
>

>>My other USB key and my MMC drive are attached to da0, and they have the
>>same version string "rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2". Anyone knows if that device
>>is supported at all under FreeBSD, and if so, in which release ?
>

> if it shows up as a umass, cant you just mount it, something like
>
> mount /mnt /dev/umass0 ?
>

>>Thank you.
>

> HTH
>
> johnu

umass0 is not a device in /dev, it's just the USB kernel layer,
configurable through camcontrol. To be mounted it needs to be attached
to another device : /dev/daX. da privodes Direct Access disks support,
also used for SCSI disks.

When i try things like

camcontrol rescan 0

or

camcontrol rescan 0:0:0

when my camera is plugged in, it just freezes the kernel. Once my
computer even rebooted by itself as if I had pressed the reset button !

> At least you see yours as a umass!
>
> How did you get that far? All i get is ugen :-(
>
> ugen0: SMaL Pocket Digital Camera, rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2

My camera is supposed to connect as USB mass storage. It works well
under Windows...
For most digital cameras, you need a special driver, but i can't help
you, i never tried to configure one.

solo