RealTek support, moving from linux to freebsd (yes, I've read hardware notes)

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Fri Apr 16 01:12:10 PDT 2004

Hello,

I'm planning to move a linux server to FreeBSD 5.2.x. This server use a
Realtek NIC, here is the relevant part of dmesg under linux :

8139too Fast Ethernet driver 0.9.26
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 01:05.0
eth0: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xf8800000, 00:0d:61:17:e2:2d, IRQ 11
eth0:  Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8101'

By the past, I've had many problems with realtek cards that were flagged
as "supported" in FreeBSD hardware notes, so (for realtek only) I no
longer
trust hardware notes.

Any remark/info about this particular card support would be much
appreciated.

thanx in advance,

patpro
--
je cherche un poste d'admin-sys Mac/UNIX
(ou une jeune et jolie femme riche)