System Freezing

Douglas K. Rand rand at meridian-enviro.com
Thu Apr 15 13:39:28 PDT 2004

me> I'm having what is probably a hardware problem on a system that
me> just hangs every 6-36 hours, and I'm wondering if anybody has any
me> ideas for things I could try.

Just for the list's interest we've finally tracked down this problem
when we replaced the CPU. With a brand new CPU (AMD Athlon 3200+) just
like the original, everything has been working fine now for almost 2
weeks. I can't think of any reason the CPU would go bad, the system
hadn't been screwed with for months before this happened.

Anyway, AMD says they are gonna give me a new CPU, so that along with
the RAM, mobo, power supply, and NIC that I changed out before trying
the CPU, I've almost got another system.  :)