Sil680 RAID Support while installing 5.1-Release

Andrew Chan achan at achan.com
Sat Sep 27 08:17:57 PDT 2003

I don't know about 5.1-Current, but if you look at the ata-raid.* code in
the 5.1-Release kernel source tree, you will find that only Promise and
Highpoint chips are supported.

This is a pity because the Sil0680 chip is the cheapest and most widely
available around. It is selling for less than US$20 here in Hong Kong with
ATA133 and full "RAID" capabilities.

While it may not be super fast, it does work alright under Windows
environment.

If it is indeed supported under 5.1-Current, that is great news.

Andrew