5.1 current SMC2632W kernel panic

Kevin Kuo kuo032681 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 13 01:31:56 PDT 2003

Hi, when I plug a SMC 2632W wireless card into my laptop, my FreeBSD system
instantly kernel panics.  Even when I reboot with it in, it kernel panics.

The message is:
fault virtual address = 0xd7928000
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer: 0x8:0xc025fe25
stack pointer: 0x10:0xd1cc1964
frame pointer: 0x10:0xd1cc1b7c
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                      = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process = 8 (cbb0)
trap number = 12
panic: page fault

I don't know if this has been reported already.  My laptop is a P3 500 MHz.
Thanks.

Kevin