problem on 1TB filesystem RAID 5 3ware

MikeM zlists at mgm51.com
Wed Mar 26 13:54:00 PST 2003

Mike Tancsa wrote:

|>Also, the lack of support for the current firmware on the 7000 series
|>cards makes me hesitant to use those cards with FreeBSD.
|
|What specifically does not work with that firmware ?

That is not the correct question to ask.   I do not want to have to deal
with a data corruption issue before I realize that I should not be using
the 3Ware card under FreeBSD.

The right question to ask is: do all the operational modes of the 3Ware
card work properly under FreeBSD?   At the moment, it appears that the
answer is "no".  Specifically, the RAID 5 configuration appears to result
in data corruption with the current firmware.

| but the driver is top notch in terms of speed and reliability

In RAID 1/0 configuration, possibly.  But I reamin to be convinced that
your assertion carries over to the RAID 5 configuration.