athlon with 4.9

Ron Dzierwa RonDzierwa at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 14:50:06 PST 2003

I'm looking for an Athlon motherboard that works with 4.9 and
will support xp2600 or better and fast ddr (2700 or better) and
usb 2.0.

I have tried two Biostar boards M7NCG, M7NCD (both have
nVidia nforce chipsets), and both have problems.  The G boots
till it gets to the disks and hangs.  On the D, the kernel presents
the copyright notice and dies.  I tried the asus a7v333 and, although
it seems to boot, it doesnt run with my raid (adaptec 2400).

Does anybody have a rig that they are using that runs with no
problems so that i can stop fooling around with trying this and that?

thanks,
ron.