Netgear FA510/cardbus help

Lamont Cranston burner at fivon.com
Sun Dec 7 17:02:37 PST 2003

Greetings all,

     Does anyone know if there are any updates on getting
some of the Cardbus NIC cards working under FreeBSD 5.1? I
have a Netgear FA510 and I get the same error that is found
on this person's test page:

http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/CardStatus.html

NEWCARD DRIVER STATUS PAGE
Netgear      FA510      dc      20020926      BAD -- can't
detect ethernet carrier

     Basically, I can ping my IP assigned to the machine,
but nothing on the outside. Other individuals on some of the
mailing list archives had the same issue. Most of those
archive messages were from 2002 and the last post was from
someone saying they were hoping to get to working on the
driver at the beginning of the new year(2003?). I would
really like to get this card working. I just recompiled the
kernel after a cvsup on 5.1-stable, but it did not help.
     One other point to note. Netgear says the Tulip driver
works for Linux for the card. FreeBSD 5.1 finds the card
under dc0. From what I have read, the Tulip driver would be
a ed0. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks.