hwpstate_intel cpufreq and est.

Jesper Schmitz Mouridsen jsm at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 29 18:09:41 UTC 2021

Hi list.

I am working on sysutils/libsysstat [1], I have maintained it over the
years.

I even have a little testprogram [2]

Recently I  got a new CPU which uses freq_driver: hwpstate_intel.

It seems to me from values from dev.cpu.X.freq that this drivers
supports different freq levels per core?

And that the BUG section in man cpufreq stating that

"When multiple CPUs offer frequency control, they cannot be set to
different levels and must all offer the same frequency settings."

Does not apply to hwpstate_intel? Is this correct. My current code relies on

this same freq on all cores bug.

[1] https://www.freshports.org/sysutils/libsysstat

[2] https://people.freebsd.org/~jsm/libsysstat-test.tar.gz

Thanks