How to start contributing

Rob Wing rob.fx907 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 03:55:02 UTC 2021

in my limited experience..

it’s nice to work on what interests you, but to some degree you also have
to work on things that committers find of interest and/or find value in -
since ultimately these are the folks that will be bringing your changes in.

While the list linked above may be good start, I’m not sure how up to date
is.

user submitted bug fixes are always welcome, but even some of those have a
tendency to slip through the cracks and sit for awhile before a committer
gets around to bringing them in.

if you submit patches and haven’t received any feedback, don’t be afraid to
ping developers on the patches that you’ve posted for review.

also, get an account on phabricator (reviews.freebsd.org) and post your
code up for review there.

just my two cents

-Rob