RFC: possible issue with kqueue

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Apr 7 04:50:28 UTC 2021

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 10:14 PM Rozhuk Ivan <rozhuk.im at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hum, but I do see mount/unmount events in devd on CURRENT!
> > >

> > I did this in conjunction with the forced unmount work of chs at .
>

> Where I can learn more about this?

The devd stuff is documented in devd.conf(5).

The umount stuff is documented in the commit message for hash
d79ff54b5caad61e657b9cc651aa256f3949b97a

commit d79ff54b5caad61e657b9cc651aa256f3949b97a
Author: Chuck Silvers <chs at FreeBSD.org>
Date:   Mon May 25 23:47:31 2020 +0000

    This commit enables a UFS filesystem to do a forcible unmount when
    the underlying media fails or becomes inaccessible. For example
    when a USB flash memory card hosting a UFS filesystem is unplugged.
https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=d79ff54b5caad61e657b9cc651aa256f3949b97a

has the whole commit message. I'm not aware of other documentation for it
though.

Warner