Does FreeBSD has a generic PHY library as in Linux?

Stefan Eßer se at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 27 18:48:02 UTC 2020

Am 26.03.20 um 19:36 schrieb Rajesh Kumar:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting a network driver from Linux to FreeBSD.  The driver in Linux
> uses the PHY library (a generic wrapper) to access/config the PHY
> registers. Do we have anything equivalent in FreeBSD?
>
> PHY library routines in Linux:
>
> get_phy_device
> phy_device_register
> phy_attach_direct
> phy_start_aneg
> etc.,
>
> FreeBSD being a stable OS for networking and Storage, I assume it should
> have something equivalent to this.  Can anyone point to it? or any
> documentation related to this?

See

	https://wiki.freebsd.org/MIIBUS

for initial information about the miibus driver that covers most
PHYs supported by FreeBSD Ethernet devices.

The miibus(4) man-page contains a list of devices that use this
interface and which might be useful as examples for its use:

	https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?miibus(4)

Regards, STefan