Slow PXE boot

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 25 20:58:21 UTC 2020

Michio Honda <micchie.gml at gmail.com> wrote
  in <CA+Sc9E0NNi8ViwXCn-Hif2_RQOnu11RLEMRUT2kOAaouLNySvQ at mail.gmail.com>:

mi> Hi,
mi>
mi> I had a similar problem before, and the solution was the use of pxeboot
mi> file taken from FreeBSD 10 as suggested by Hiroki.

 I could not reproduce this by using my boxes after all, but replacing
 pxeboot with the older one was useful to gain the normal speed at
 that time probably because of difference between new (11 or later)
 loader's nfs client and the old one.  It was a problem sending a lot
 of duplicated packets for some reason, not just a matter of the
 buffer size.  And the server side was Linux.

 Have anyone else also experienced this kind of very slow PXE booting?
 It may be specific to using a Linux NFS server.

-- Hiroki