Project information - SMBv2+

CerebrosuS CerebrosuS at gmx.net
Thu Dec 31 08:29:20 UTC 2020

 From the starting point I cannot imagine what might be the optimum in
investing time and fitting all needs of FreeBSD folks. Cause for now my
knowledge in samba/network and FreeBSD os-level programming is limited.
This will come with time while working on it. And it might be a question
the community should answer like:

Should we optimize a third party smb client library or should the smbfs
FreeBSD module be extended (or rewritten ... whatever)?

I don't know how such a question gets its answer in the FreeBSD community.

 From my point of view: an external library might have better future
support, cause developer of many os are working on it. But I would
prefer a fixed solution inside FreeBSD cause it is more easy to handle
and once implemented less influenced by outside opinions from evolution
of other operating systems.