up-to-date CURRENT: occasional panic at boot in HDAC

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:42:07 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm running CURRENT (updated yesterday) on an AMD ryzen 4700 - powered
laptop; occasionally, when I boot after a complete power-off, the boot
process panics quite early with a panic in a page fault from
hdac_rirb_flush() being called from hdac_intr_handler(), and a message

"Kernel page fault with the following non-sleepable locks held:
 exclusive sleep mutex hdac1 (HDA driver mutex) r = 0 (0xff... ) locked at
/usr/src/.../hdac.c:385"

I have a picture of the console (including stack trace) on my phone, I can
send it to individuals if you want to have it (I get the impression sending
attachments on the list is frowned upon).

1) Has anyone else seen this before?
2) what do I need to do to collect more information, and what kind of
information is that?

TIA for any suggestions ...
Michael
--