hwpmc ktrdump: failed to resolve ktr symbols

shreyank amartya shreyankfbsd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:53:28 UTC 2019

Thanks, yes it seems I was missing both those options (KTR and DDB) in my
kernel config.
Now, I have a module (hwpmc) from which I intend to collect traces.
However, when I build and load it, I don't see any ktraces when using it.
But if I install it and load the module on boot, ktraces appear. Why does
that happen? Anyway around that?

Thanks
Shreyank