Getting jedec_dimm to work

driesm.michiels at gmail.com driesm.michiels at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:45:58 UTC 2019

After loading the suggested driver and changing the hint.jedec_dimm.*.at="smbus0" to hint.jedec_dimm.*.at ="ichsmb0"
Everything is working smooth. Thanks! A reboot was not even needed!

ichsmb0 at pci0:0:31:4:    class=0x0c0500 card=0x79981462 chip=0xa1238086 rev=0x31 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SMBus'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = SMBus

I'll submit some minor extra's to the man page if that’s OK.
Detailing a bit more how to find the correct location of the dimms and the correct driver to load (with pciconf).

Regards & thanks again!
Dries