DTrace instrumentation build error

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at cschubert.com
Fri May 24 12:56:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm helping rmacklem@ with instrumentation of mountd with USDT
probes.It builds fine on amd64 however fails on i386

===> sbin/sconfig (all)
ld: error: cannot open /usr/lib32/dtrace/drti.o: No such file or
directory
dtrace: failed to link script /home/cy/stable12/usr.sbin/mountd/mountd_d
t.d: fai
led to link mountd_dt.o: ld exited with status 1
--- mountd_dt.o ---
*** [mountd_dt.o] Error code 1

make[6]: stopped in /home/cy/stable12/usr.sbin/mountd
1 error

make[6]: stopped in /home/cy/stable12/usr.sbin/mountd
--- all_subdir_usr.sbin/mountd ---
*** [all_subdir_usr.sbin/mountd] Error code 2

A couple of interesting things here:

1. /usr/lib32/dtrace/drti.o doesn't exist in the universe12a and
universe12b jails.

2. Why would buildworld (tinderbox in this case) link against an object
outside of /usr/obj?

I can look at this tonight to cobble up a patch for review to our build
infrastructure to address #1 tonight.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at cschubert.com>