Any WAFER-BT users?

Niclas Zeising zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se
Thu May 16 08:43:37 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-16 10:19, Milan Obuch wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2019 09:52:10 +0200
> Milan Obuch <freebsd-hackers at dino.sk> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:27:24 +0200
>> Milan Obuch <freebsd-hackers at dino.sk> wrote:
>>

> [ snip ]
>

>> So after some time and testing I'm back here.
>>
>> I have freshly built r347177 and no change, i. e. loader works with
>> USB keyboard and VGA, after starting kernel output switches to serial
>> port, giving just
>>
>> VT: init without driver.
>>
>> However, adding
>>
>> kern.vty=sc
>>
>> into /boot/loader.conf changes things and video console works again.
>> So I think probably problem is in vt_vga module not recognising
>> CPU/VGA in
>>
>> CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2807 @ 1.58GHz (1583.38-MHz 686-class
>> CPU)
>>
>> (I think it is integrated here), even if it is probed later (dmesg
>> shows
>>
>> vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0xe080-0xe087 mem
>> 0xd0000000-0xd03fffff,0xc0000000-0xcfffffff irq 16 at device 2.0 on
>> pci0 vgapci0: Boot video device
>>
>> and this assignment is seen in pciconf output too, so device is
>> somehow detected).
>>

> I found another way to enable VGA - adding line
>
> hw.vga.acpi_ignore_no_vga=1
>
> into /boot/loader.conf made kernel to use VGA and keyboard as console
> with vt. It works with installation media as well, i. e. GENERIC kernel.
> I am not yet able to use VGA with X with FullHD resolution. I can use X
> with vesa video only, which makes maximum resolution 1024x768.
>
> Just to share my finding...

Hi!
Just a wild guess here, perhaps something isn't setting up the
framebuffer used for UEFI correctly?

With regards to X, try installing drm-kmod and follow the instructions,
that should give you accelerated video (granted that it's a build in
intel graphics card, and that it's supported).

Regards
--
Niclas