Any WAFER-BT users?

Milan Obuch freebsd-hackers at dino.sk
Tue May 7 07:57:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:27:24 +0200
Milan Obuch <freebsd-hackers at dino.sk> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 08:50:32 +0200 (CEST)
> Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at puchar.net> wrote:
>
> > is vt_vga in kernel config?
> >

> [ snip ]
>
> > > Somehow, VGA device is detected here, question remains - how could
> > > this device be used for display? I hope somebody can give some
> > > advice. In the meantime, I am building new world/kernel to test
> > > board and prepare drm port... but ut takes some time.
> > >
> > > By the way, output given above was from 12.0-RELEASE GENERIC
> > > kernel (i386 archǐtecture).
> > >

> See it is GENERIC, i. e. yes - kldstat -v shows there is nexus/vtvga
> module present, just to be sure. Problem is either Celeron N2807 CPU
> is not fully supported or boot environment is not correctly set-up, I
> just have no idea what that could be and where look for it.
>
> Regards,
> Milan

So after some time and testing I'm back here.

I have freshly built r347177 and no change, i. e. loader works with USB
keyboard and VGA, after starting kernel output switches to serial port,
giving just

VT: init without driver.

However, adding

kern.vty=sc

into /boot/loader.conf changes things and video console works again. So
I think probably problem is in vt_vga module not recognising CPU/VGA in

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2807 @ 1.58GHz (1583.38-MHz 686-class CPU)

(I think it is integrated here), even if it is probed later (dmesg shows

vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0xe080-0xe087 mem 0xd0000000-0xd03fffff,0xc0000000-0xcfffffff irq 16 at device 2.0 on pci0
vgapci0: Boot video device

and this assignment is seen in pciconf output too, so device is somehow
detected).

I am going to try X now, but is there somebody who could help me with
this issue? Any help, hint, patch to test etc. appreciated.

Regards,
Milan