iflib

shreyank amartya shreyankfbsd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:10:49 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm working on writing a device driver for xgbe using iflib.

In the iflib interrupt allocation routine: iflib_irq_alloc_generic
(sys/net/iflib.c), if the interrupt type is specified as IFLIB_INTR_ADMIN
the variable tqrid is set to -1. Based on tqrid check there is a call to
taskgroup_attach, but the function would not reach the condition check (if
(tqrid != -1) if the type is IFLIB_INTR_ADMIN, which makes me think this
might be an error.

Can anyone please clarify if this behavior is intentional or this could be
an error.

Thanks
Shreyank Amartya