bsd android tethering using USB cable - intermittent failure

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Feb 5 13:37:25 UTC 2019

Hi hackers@,
I tether Androids to FreeBSDs using USB cables, Using
ports/devel/android-tools-adb Mostly it works, but sometimes fails to
connect, I've no idea why.

I've tried: different physical androids, different versions of android (4 & 5),
different physical ports (once I had a cable hanging down didnt connect on
laptop socket), via hub & direct avoiding usb hub, different FreeBSDs
(all of 10.4-RELEASE 11.2-RELEASE 13.0-CURRENT), 2 different FreeBSD PCs

Could someone please please take a look at
	http://www.berklix.org/android/#adb
& perhaps spot what I'm forgetting to initialise ?
Thanks,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich Aachen Kent
 UK Stole 700,000 votes from British in EU + 3 million globally; 1.9 M in UK