Scripting bsdinstall

KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko kiri at truefc.org
Fri Dec 27 11:30:02 UTC 2019

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 20:15:21 +0900,
Mike Remski wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:31:50 AM EST, Gleb Popov wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 9:47 PM Gleb Popov <arrowd at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 4:51 PM Matthew Seaman <matthew at freebsd.org>
> >> wrote:
> >
> > I had to do all these "bsdinstall" invocations in the preamble because I
> > wanted to set up partitions in my way. It turned out that the value of
> > PARTITIONS variable is directly passed to "bsdinstall scriptedpart", so my
> > installerscript got reduced to
> >
> > DISTRIBUTIONS="base.txz kernel.txz lib32.txz"
> > PARTITIONS="ada0 gpt { 512K freebsd-boot , 2G freebsd-ufs / , 4G
> > freebsd-swap , 8G freebsd-ufs /var , 4G freebsd-ufs /tmp , auto freebsd-ufs
> > /usr }"
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > sysrc ifconfig_DEFAULT=DHCP
> >
> > It now works, and even the second part gets properly executed.
> >
> > However, no boot loader gets installed. Skimming through "bsdinstall
> > bootconfig" source reveals that it only supports installing boot files for
> > UEFI loader. What should I do in case of BIOS?
>
> Isn't the BIOS bootcode installed via the gpart bootcode command?  I
> haven't looked at any source, but it seems like it should be there around
> the partitioning stuff.

Partition type could be specified directly in
PARTITIONS. For example, in the partion like this:

root at vm:/vm/test # gpart show md0
=>     63  6291393  md0  MBR  (3.0G)
       63     2016       - free -  (1.0M)
     2079   110502    1  fat32lba  [active]  (54M)
   112581  6178875    2  freebsd  (2.9G)

root at vm:/vm/test #

In the case of VM,it should be wrote in installerconfig:

PARTITIONS='vtbd0 mbr { 54M fat32lba, 3G freebsd }; vtbd0s2 bsd { 3G freebsd-ufs / }'
DISTRIBUTIONS='base.txz kernel.txz'
ZFSBOOT_DISKS=''

#!/bin/sh
  :