(HBI) Implementing SQLite into the FreeBSD kernel

Alan Somers asomers at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 28 17:03:56 UTC 2019

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 10:57 AM abhja kaanlani <unidef_rogue at live.com> wrote:

> HBI stands for half baked idea
>
> I don’t know much about the FreeBSD kernel, but we can add sql metadata to certain code for self contained documentation
>
> What does everyone think?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Are you actually trying to use SQLite to implement an in-kernel
database, or are you trying to automatically generate API
documentation using SQLite?  Those are two very different things.  If
the latter, I suggest you try Doxygen instead.  There are already
portions of the kernel that use Doxygen's comment format.
-Alan