Questions about [U]EFI boot

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Sat Sep 8 16:05:39 UTC 2018

There is no boot0 for UEFI.

boot1.efi is in the process of being phased out, and will probably be
dropped eventually, but loader.efi can still be loaded and run by boot1.efi.

I recommend installing loader.efi to your ESP (typically
/efi/boot/BOOTX64.EFI).

As for serial consoles, I don't know.  I believe both boot1 and loader
take whatever UEFI gives them by default.  So if the underlying UEFI
implementation has a serial console driver that it's using by default,
it should work.